Thursday, October 30, 2008

TWILIGHT

This past weekend I was consumed in Stepenie Meyer's new hit, Twilight, soon to be made into a major motion film. The story takes place in Forks, Washington where 17 year old Bella Swan moves in with her dad, Charlie. Forks is muggy and wet 24/7 and Bella cannot stand the thought of living there for a whole year...until she meets Edward Cullen. He's handsom, charming, and breathtaking...literally. At first Edward seems to despise Bella, he couldn't even stand to be in the same room as her, but as the story continues Edward and Bella form an intriguing relationship. Instantly Bella falls in love with Edward but she knows he's not normal, not like the other people in Forks. Eventually she realizes the love of her life is a vampire, surprisingly, she still loves him for what he is. Edward adores Bella and loves with all his heart but because he is a blood thirsty vampire things are bound to get complicated...

Like most of the Edina girls population, I LOVE Twilight! It was a very easy read, well written, and it always kept me interested. Following Bella and Edward's relationship was so fun to read I actually couldn't keep this book down. I read it in class, I read it in the hall ways, and yes, I even read it on the weekend. I love the mix of Edward's mysterious personality and Bella's silly humor. The dynamic duo is the perfect couple and I cannot wait to see the book as a major motion film this November! It's extremely hard to talk about Stephenie Meyer's novel, Twilight, without giving too much away so all I have left to say is READ THIS BOOK. Its great for anyone 10 and up and its the best book I've read this year. If anyone wants to talk about this book with me I'll be there in a heart beat :)

-Laney Sheehan

1 comment:

Meghan M said...

I agree, I started reading this series over the summer when I didn't have much going on and as you can probably imagine it didn't take long to finish... the entire series. Stephanie Meyer does a great job of drawing you in from the very beginning with interesting characters that have very diverse personalities. I would highly recommend this as book to anyone as well. So keep reading Laney it gets even better!